SPECIALIST CARDIAC PHYSIOLOGIST – ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY SERVICE LEAD
We are recruiting a BSE accredited (or equivalent) physiologist to lead our echocardiography service.
ABOUT US: WHAT IS VENTURI CARDIOLOGY?
We are an independent cardiology clinic offering rapid access to clinical consultations and advanced diagnostic investigations. Using the latest technology, we provide patients in the Northwest, and those further afield, with easy access to the very best cardiovascular care. We are currently working with NHS CCG’s to provide community diagnostic hubs that will provide the highest standards of patient care away from large NHS hospitals, in a more personable and convenient community setting.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
· A highly competitive salary
· Access to educational materials to help you maintain the latest skills and knowledge
· Support with maintaining BSE accreditation
· Onsite training from equipment vendors
· Mandatory training tailored to the role of echocardiography
· Direct support from three consultant cardiologists
PRIMARY LOCATION: Venturi Cardiology, 4 the Square, Birchwood Boulevard, Warrington, WA3 7QY. The successful applicant must be willing to travel to other locations at the discretion of the clinical director
Hours: TBA full time and part time available
Salary: £62K per annum or PTE + 10% bonus scheme
Accountable to: Clinical Director
KEY PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To develop and expand the provision of echocardiography services for Venturi Cardiology
- To lead a team of cardiac physiologists across the Venturi network
- To develop clinical pathways to improve access to cardiac diagnostics
- Provide teaching and support for colleagues
- To be responsible for quality assurance and governance structure of echocardiography at Venturi Cardiology
EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- STP / BSc Clinical Physiology or equivalent
- Relevant experience at Band 6 level
- Evidence of on-going professional development
- ILS / ALS
- Evidence of Masters levels study
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
Experience in a broad range of cardiac physiological procedures such as ECG, ETT and echocardiography. Minimum experience of 3 years in echo scanning.
Experience in research. Previous experience in leadership and management roles.
- Professional attitude
- Someone who takes pride in their work
- Respectful to colleagues
SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Open to change
- Effective communication skills
- Able to cope under pressure
- Decision making and problem solving
The post holder has a general duty of care for the health, safety and well-being of work colleagues, visitors and patients within the company in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act of 1974 and all other relevant legislation in addition to any specific risk management or clinical governance accountabilities associated with this post
- To observe the rules, policies and procedures of the company and its customers
- To ensure that acceptable standards of data protection are maintained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
- To observe and maintain strict confidentiality of patient records and staff information: any unauthorised breach of confidentiality may result in disciplinary action
- The post holder should be member of the British Society of Echocardiography and have current Adult Proficiency and be registered with RCCP
INFECTION PREVENTION AND CONTROL
Venturi Cardiology Ltd is committed to reducing Healthcare associated infections (HCAIs) and all staff have a part to play in making this happen. Staff must comply with all policies in relation to Infection Prevention and Control and with ongoing reduction strategies. Standard Infection Prevention and Control Precautions must be used at all times to ensure the safety of patients and staff. This includes:
- Cleaning hands either with soap and water or a hand sanitiser at the appropriate times
- Using the correct ‘7 step’ hand hygiene technique
- Being ‘bare below the elbows’ when in a clinical environment
- Wearing the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ensuring correct handling and disposal of waste (including sharps) and laundry
- Ensuring all medical devices (equipment) are decontaminated appropriately i.e., cleaned, disinfected and/or sterilised
Job Types: Full-time or part time available.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com